I love reading, especially blogs, and I haven’t taken the time to properly acknowledge some of the blogs I follow on this site. So this post is about celebrating the smart, quirky and fun writers whose words I read most often. I’m sure many of you have already heard of the Versatile Blogger Award, which the lovely One Girl Geek recently nominated me for (thanks, by the way!!).
In addition to writing for her own blog, One Girl Geek also writes for The G.A.M.E.S Blog, which you can read here. I read her posts regularly, and she’s also the inspiration behind the Alliance earrings which are illustrated above. I actually made them after reading a post on Shrinky Dinks on her site. Thanks for the great idea! 🙂
In addition to acknowledging the blogger who nominated me, the main purpose of the Versatile Blogger is to highlight seven other blogs which I read regularly. So here are my seven selections:
1) 1 year, 100 books: Lots of detailed book reviews with social commentary.
2) Early Nerd Special: Another good site with book and movie reviews.
3) One Cool Site: This is a well-known site about the art of blogging.
4) VG Researcher: The author is a grad student who synthesizes academic studies on gaming. Very interesting read.
5) Brentiverse Media Reviews: Very useful, detailed reviews of movies and games.
6) Kamalia et alia: A cool World of Warcraft blog, with lots of artwork.
7) Cynwise’s Warcraft Manual: Another great WoW blog, with lots of advice about strategy and gear.
Now, in accordance with the rules, I have to divulge a couple of facts about me. I realized while I was writing this that I don’t often take the time to think about my likes and dislikes. So this was an interesting activity 🙂
1) I have green eyes.
2) My favourite video game? A tie between Super Mario RPG and Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask.
3) I currently have 749 songs on my iPod.
4) I love greek yogurt. Especially when it is mixed with fresh fruit!
5) I love visiting Disney World and was lucky enough to receive one of these on a trip in 2008, which let me jump almost to the front of the line for popular rides. Anyone who has ever waited in the ride lines knows how valuable a commodity this is. 🙂
6) I love camping, especially here.
7) I don’t have a favourite colour. It’s too difficult to choose!
A big thanks to all the bloggers out there and KEEP WRITING!!